07 May 2010

Perch

baars.820

Preparing for the tournament means tying a lot of streamers. Not just 2 or 3.....hell no, at least 6, but preferably 10 from each type you have in mind.

For me there are new things to try, but also some proven patterns from the past. Pike just seem to know who’s competing with them for the baitfish. Probably that’s why they take their rivals out first, and what’s a better way then just feeding on your rivals?

When we were at Tom’s place for tying materials I already knew the Perch would be one of the streamers I would tie. And when I saw all the nice and good quality materials Tom and Kaj sponsored us with, I already got the perchy itches. Nice perches, I think they will do well on the pike down (or better: up) there in Finland. And if not, they still make a great decoration in a tropical setting.

baars bloem.820

Will this be the streamer that does it all? We will see, just 3 days from now!

Sander

No comments:

Post a Comment