06 May 2010

El Negrito

black streamers.700

El Negrito is Spanish and it means Little Afro-American. I think it is a nice name for a totally black streamer with just some bling on it to attract all those big ass mama’s! And that will be the purpose of my negrito. Going out there in the ice cold water and busting up some of the biggest lady pikes that are out there. ‘Cause we will need all the charms a streamer can have if it is about winning the tournament next week.

As you can see the tying went well down here in Aruba. I bought myself a bottle of rum and poured some out for the fish I caught. But I poured out a lot at the improvised tying bench too. Just because when you’re sitting in the shade and sipping rum, life seems the easiest thing there is to deal with and tying streamers becomes great fun. Oh, and by the way, if you try to judge the size and efficiency of my little black homeboys by the bottle standing next to them: how much do you think a Caribbean pirate would drink on a regular training camp?

Sander

No comments:

Post a Comment