14 December 2009

Harmen-Jan's EZ-ties: Magic Twisty





The other day I saw a kid playing with some sort of worm, a toy called Magic Twisty. He ran it through his fingers and it moved very nicely. Bright colors, very attractive to a kid…… and maybe to a pike as well. I pictured myself tying it to a hook…..well what the heck, why not? So I went to the shop and got me some of those buggers in different colors.





But I felt it needed a small addition, let’s say fins. Or at least something to give me the feeling I actually tied the thing.  So I put some bucktail in the same bright color on the hook in I horizontal plane, strait out left and right.




Now the easy part, I tied the worm right on top and voila. There we have the magic twisty streamer.



I don’t think it’ll survive 10 pikes, but I’ll give it a try one of these days. I’ll keep you posted on pike-attraction.



Harmen-Jan

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic Idea Harmen-Jan am sure it will catch something and probably weighs nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard it broke on the first swing :-P

    ReplyDelete